Ref: 1085: Villa Overview
Situated on the Greek Island of Hydra only a short distance(1 hours 20 mins) from Athens via Hydrofoil (fast ferrry). An imposing Kriezis mansion built in the 18th century upon the hillside of Kamini and a fine example of Hydra’s unique traditional architecture, with magnificent extended views of inland rural Hydra as well as sea views to the Peninsula, Spetses and further.
Yes, on request
At a Glance:
- Sleeps : 8 (plus 2 children possible)
- Bedrooms : 5
- Bath/Shower Rooms : 5
- Air Conditioning : Yes
- Pool Size : 8 x 4 metres
- TV : Yes, in living area and most bedrooms
- Maid Service : 6 mornings per week (will cook breakfast daily if required)
- Distance to Beach : 5 minutes
- Distance to Shops : 5 minutes
- Distance to Restaurants : 5 minutes
- Additional Info : Piano room, home cinema, dvd collection
- Celebration : Yes, on request
- Sea Views : Yes
- Wi-Fi : Yes
- Nearest Airport : Athens, approx 2 hours by ferry and road.
- Family Friendly : Yes
- Sound System : Yes, Bose docks, cd player and radio
- DVD Player : Yes, in lounge and most bedrooms
- Babysitter : Yes, additional charge
- Cots : Yes, additional charges apply
- High Chairs : Yes, additional charges apply
This lovely old mansion was built in the late 1700´s with hand worked stone from its site and originally housed a nobleman and his staff. After extensive restoration and the addition of a west wing to provide a new modern kitchen with sea view terraces and a second Master Bedroom, the property has become one of the most comfortable large homes on the island of Hydra. Bathed in light from morning to evening and with lush gardens and terraces from many rooms and on all levels, this 450 square meter property has an interior which is modern in functionality but architecturally remains in keeping with the integrity of the island’s building styles. Architectural features include marble floors throughout, high wooden authentic ceilings, grey stone terraces, and grey stone wall surrounding the property and arched door entrances and windows. The house is also decorated with original art work, echoing the rich artistic heritage of this island, which has produced artists, painters and five of Greece’s Prime Ministers - Facilities: .
The house comprises: Suite with Jacuzzi and sea view, suite with large bath and access to pool terrace, three further double bedrooms and bathrooms - Office/study, which can be used as a further bedroom - Main Kitchen - Pool - Satellite TV (6 sets throughout the house) - DVD library - Ceiling Fans - Air Conditioning in Bedrooms (electricity charged extra) - Baby grand piano.
Price includes traditional donkey transport for luggage from the port on arrival. Shopping can also be ordered by the same means of transport.